This is a fast and easy weeknight meal. I highly recommend cooking these on a pizza stone that has been preheated in the oven. The result will be nice and crispy tostadas, sans oil.
|Bean and chile mixture spread on a tortilla.|
|Bean and chile mixture topped with chicken and cheese.|
|Just out of the oven.|
- 4 medium tortillas
- 1 16-ounce can fat free refried beans
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Toppings: chopped cilantro, low fat sour cream, salsa, etc.
- Preheat a pizza stone in the oven to 425º F.
- In a bowl, stir together the refried beans and diced green chiles.
- Spread equal portions of the bean and chile mixture over each tortillas.
- Top each tortilla with shredded chicken and sprinkle with jack cheese and green onion.
- Carefully transfer the tortillas to the hot pizza stone.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until the tortilla gets crispy and the cheese starts to brown.
- Remove tostadas from the oven, put on dinner plates and finish with toppings of choice.