I did, in fact, recreate the salad at home and it turned out amazing. So now I present to you, the Protein Salad!
This salad is hearty and protein-packed, as the name implies. It is easy to prep and all the individual bits hold up well if you want to prep stuff ahead of time. Just toss everything onto a plate when you're ready to chow down.
|Roasted tomatoes? All you need are tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper!|
This recipe is also easy to mix and match, depending on your dietary restrictions and preferences. Don't eat beef? Swap the beer burger with a turkey or chicken or veggie or whatever patty you prefer. Whole30? Just omit the quinoa and cheese. Don't like salad? Umm... I can't help you there, other to suggest you give this one a go, before you swear off salads all together.
Roast the tomatoes:
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of 1 grapefruit (an orange would work too)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 4 burgers (beef, turkey, chicken, or veggie)
Roast the tomatoes:
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line a medium baking sheet with foil.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Roast tomatoes for 10 minutes, stir, and then roast for another 10 minutes, until they begin to burst and shrivel up.
Make the quinoa:
- Cook the quinoa according the package directions.
- Let cool slightly.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the citrus chimichurri vinaigrette.
Make the dressing:
- While the tomatoes and quinoa are cooking, blend up your dressing. Add the top seven ingredients to a blender or food processor and whiz it up until it is nice and smooth and a beautiful green.
- Set aside until ready to use.
Cook your burgers:
- Not sure how to cook your burger? Check this out.
Assemble the salads:
- Pile the mixed greens onto four plates.
- Top salads with quinoa and roasted tomatoes.
- Add a burger to each salad.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the top.
- Drizzle salads with the citrus chimichurri vinaigrette.