|Chocolate Covered Drunken Cherries|
- Fresh cherries
- Chocolate chips
- Rinse cherries. Do not remove stems.
- Carefully slice a few shallow slits into each cherry.
- Put cherries into a bowl and cover with brandy. Let soak at least four hours, preferably overnight.
- Drain liquid from cherries and dry off the cherries with paper towels. Set aside.
- Put chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second intervals at 50% power, stirring in between, until melted.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully dip each cherry, by the stem, into the chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off and then place on baking sheet. Repeat with all the cherries, making sure they don't touch.
- Refrigerate the cherries until the chocolate is hardened. Remove the cherries from the baking sheet to a bowl or plate.
|Cherries getting drunk.|
The amount of cherries, chocolate and brandy will depend on how many you want to make. We made 45 cherries with about half a small bottle of E&J Brandy and just under one 11.5 ounce bag of 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips.
We saved the soaking brandy in an empty bottle. We're not quite sure what we'll do with it but we thought it might come in handy for a future cocktail.
When serving, be sure to have a small empty bowl nearby for stems and seeds. It is also nice to give people a heads up that there are still seeds in the cherries.