|Double batch of brussel sprouts with pecans and parmesan.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- a couple handfuls pecorino or parmesan, grated
- Shred brussels sprouts in a food processor.
- Put pecans on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven at 325º until toasted. Set aside to cool. Once cool, break into smaller pieces.
- Put half a stick of butter in a pan over medium high heat and cook until it has turned golder brown.
- Toss sprouts and pecans in the butter, salt and pepper to taste, and stir over medium heat until sprouts are cooked, but still super green. (only a few minutes)
- Transfer the brussels sprouts and pecans into a serving dish and top with pecorino or parmesan.