|Double batch of brussel sprouts with pecans and parmesan.|
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- a couple handfuls pecorino or parmesan, grated
- Shred brussels sprouts in a food processor.
- Put pecans on a cookie sheet and toast them in the oven at 325º until toasted. Set aside to cool. Once cool, break into smaller pieces.
- Put half a stick of butter in a pan over medium high heat and cook until it has turned golder brown.
- Toss sprouts and pecans in the butter, salt and pepper to taste, and stir over medium heat until sprouts are cooked, but still super green. (only a few minutes)
- Transfer the brussels sprouts and pecans into a serving dish and top with pecorino or parmesan.
Okay, now I am *not* a brussels sprouts fan... but I periodically *try*. In fact last summer I saw a recipe that sounded SO GOOD that I bought some and cooked them and ... didn't like them. BUTT!! This looks and sounds so good that... maybe. Just maybe I'll /go there/ again. Thanks for the recipe and for the encouragement!ReplyDelete
This is the recipe I tried last year:ReplyDelete
Gonna have to remember to cook other veggies this way tho... potatoes, onions, carrots would no doubt lend themselves well to this high-temp, no-fuss roasting method.