And yes, I have been on a goat cheese kick. But really, when am I not?
|Strawberry and Warmed Goat Cheese Salad|
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 4-ounce goat cheese log
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Handful of almonds, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Divide the baby spinach evenly between four salad plates and top with sliced strawberries.
- To make the warmed goat cheese:
- Slightly whip the egg white in a shallow dish. In a second shallow dish, mix together the almonds and panko bread crumbs.
- Slice the goat cheese log into four equal rounds. You may want to put the goat cheese in the freezer for a few minutes before slicing.
- Dip the two flat sides of a goat cheese round into the egg white, let excess drip off and coat the sides with the panko and almond mixture. Repeat with the other three rounds.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Once olive oil is warmed, carefully add the goat cheese rounds to the pan. Cook for 90 seconds on each side, until breading is nicely browned.
- Top each salad with a warmed goat cheese round.
- Drizzle salads with balsamic vinaigrette.
If you would like to avoid cooking altogether, use crumbled goat cheese and sliced almonds in lieu of the warmed goat cheese.
Trader Joe's nonfat balsamic vinaigrette works well for this salad.
omg. This looks so delish. My aunt and uncle work on an organic goat farm, so we are spoiled with goat cheese frequently. This looks like something I could eat a boat load of. When I make it, I won't tell you what my serving size actually is. :)ReplyDelete