|Jackie's Pasta Salad & a peek of Sundried Tomato Buschetta|
Jackie's Pasta Salad
- 1 lb of farfalle (bowtie) pasta, or another type of your choice
- 1 bottle balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 large can olives, sliced
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- Cook pasta to al dente, based on package instructions. Drain and rinse with cool water to stop cooking. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss together the pasta, veggies and dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or, even better, overnight.
Balsamic Vinaigrette: Jackie always used Newman's Own (either regular or light) and it is definitely my favorite. A close second is the nonfat balsamic vinaigrette from Trader Joe's.