|Fresh basil for homemade pesto.|
- 3 hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 pound salami, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 pound provolone, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup sliced pepperoncinis
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto (pesto recipe)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- To make the dressing, whisk together the pesto and red wine vinegar in a small bowl. Slowly add in olive oil a tbsp at a time until it reaches your preferred consistency. Cover and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, salami, provolone, pepperoncinis, and green olives. Drizzle salad with dressing and lightly toss.
This also makes a delicious pasta salad. Omit the romaine. Prepare dressing as directed above. Cook 1-pound of the pasta of your choice until al dente. Farfalle (bowtie) or penne work well. Drain and cool completely. In a large bowl combine pasta with salami, provolone, pepperocinis and green olives. Stir in pesto dressing. Chill for a few hours before serving.