|Jalapeño cornbread on top of turkey and tomatillo chile with sour cream and avocado.|
- Two 8.5-ounce boxes of corn muffin mix
- One 4-ounce can diced jalapeños
- Two eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Grease a 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornbread mix, eggs and milk until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the diced jalapeños.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through and starting to brown.
- Slice and serve!
This cornbread is especially good with homemade chile. Here is the chile recipe I made last night -- the one featured in the top photo: Turkey Chile Verde. Healthy and delicious.