I apologize for not having a photo of the actual stuffed jalapeños but I didn't get a photo before they were all consumed. Whoops.
- 12 fresh jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 8-ounce block of light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup light mayo
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
Bake the bacon...yes, bake it!
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and arrange the bacon in a single layer.
- Place in oven (NOT preheated), set to 400º F.
- Bake for 20 minutes, maybe a bit more, until the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Carefully remove bacon from baking sheet onto a paper towel lined plate.
While the bacon is baking, prep the filling!
- Combine the cream cheese, mayo, chopped green chiles and shredded parmesan in a medium bowl.
- Crumble the cooked bacon and gently fold into the cream cheese mixture.
Stuff the jalapeños and bake them!
- Reduce oven temperature to 350º F.
- Divide the filling among the jalapeño halves and line up in a single layer on another baking sheet or dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350º F. Sprinkle baked jalapenos with bread crumbs and broil for ~5 minutes, until browned.
- Let the jalapeños cool for a few minutes before serving.