|cake in a cup w/ homemade whipped cream|
This is most definitely from the "I can't believe this actually works" file. My cousin James called and told my mother about this recipe and she promptly passed it on to me.
Cake in a Cup
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 box any other kind of cake mix
|The dark chocolate mix was on sale so I got that.|
- Empty both cake mixes into a large zip top bag, seal, and shake until well mixed.
- Put 1/3 cup of mix in a large mug. (Seal the bag and save the rest for later.)
- Add 3 Tablespoons water.
- Microwave for 30 seconds (tall, big mug) or 60 seconds (wide, big mug).
|Hot out of the microwave.|
I know this sounds crazy but it totally works. In 30-60 seconds you will have cake in a cup. The bonus is that since half of it is angel food cake, it is low in fat. This also completely justifies the addition of dark chocolate bits and whipped cream, right?