|Tofu and Veggie Curry over rice.|
For the past, oh, I don't know how many weeks, we have been celebrating Meatless Mondays. This has consisted of cooking and eating lots of vegetarian and vegan recipes, especially those that are fast and easy -- perfect for a post work meal. Through our explorations, I cooked up this delicious, customizable vegan curry. Feel free to swap out veggies to make it to your liking. It also makes for great leftovers so you can whip up a batch on Sunday for Meatless Monday lunch.
|Tofu and Veggie Curry ingredients.|
|Cooking the curry.|
|Tofu and Veggies.|
Easy Tofu and Veggie Curry
14 ounces extra firm tofu, drained
2 cans light coconut milk
1/4 cup green curry paste (red would also work)
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups green beans, trimmed
2 bell peppers, seeded and slices into thin strips
10 ounces sliced white or cremini mushrooms
1 lime, halved
Rice for serving
- Place tofu on a paper towel lined plate, cover with another paper towel and set a heavy plate on top. When most of the liquid has been squeezed out, slice the tofu into bite-size cubes. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the curry paste and heat, stirring often, until it is bubbly and the paste has thickened a bit. Add the coconut milk and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer.
- Once the sauce is simmering, add the veggies and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have softened.
- Add tofu, stir gently, and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Squeeze lime halves over the curry and stir gently to combine. Serve in bowls over rice.