I've got a new recipe to share! Even with full-time work and grad school, I have tried to keep up with meal planning and home cooking. (Luckily, my honey is a great cook and has been helping on the cooking end.) This is important for our physical AND mental health.
A few weeks back, we received some lovely leeks in our produce box. I promptly decided to play Iron Chef in our kitchen and came up with this pasta dish!
|Butter + Leeks = mmm...|
|Some sauce stuff.|
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 small leeks, cut in half lengthwise & then white and light green parts cut into thin half moon slices
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/2 cup half-n-half
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan, plus more for topping
- 8 oz pasta, such as fusilli or penne
- Salt and pepper
- Bring pasta water to boil. Add pasta and a bit of salt and cook al dente, according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add leeks. Cook leeks, stirring often, until they have softened and are starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Add the chopped chicken, lemon juice and zest, and capers. Cook for a minute to heat through.
- Stir in half-n-half and parmesan. Cook for another minute or two, until the sauce is bubbly and delicious. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour in the sauce and give it a good stir. Dish up, top with a little more shredded parmesan, and enjoy immediately.
Mam can i use Parmesan cheese?ReplyDelete
How To Make Creamy Chicken Pasta Recipes
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
Lovely meal, such comfort food! Kathy RamosReplyDelete
It's very great to see your post!I like it .I'm looking forward to you in the next post.Thank you .There is aReplyDelete
sd card recovery for mac activation code to you.