|Baby washcloths and socks bouquet.|
A few months ago, in a fleeting Martha Stewart moment, I decided to make a baby washcloth and onesie bouquet for a friend's baby shower. I wanted to share the instructions for others who want to channel their inner Crafty McCrafterson.
What you'll need:
- Baby washcloths, socks and/or onesies -- a total of 12 items
- Glass vase
- 12 green floral wire stems
- Green floral tape
- 6 - 8 "bunches" of plastic leaves (amount depends on how leafy you want the arrangement to be)
- Filler for vase -- i.e. glass beads
- Decorative ribbon
- Fill vase 3/4 full of filler (i.e. glass beads).
- Remove leaves from bunches and set aside.
- Make roses. Washcloth roses video. Onesie and sock roses video. (The second video includes how to make roses from bibs as well.)
- Fold over 1/2-inch of each wire stem and insert into the bottom of the rose.
- Secure a few leaves to the stem by wrapping with floral tape.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with remaining roses.
- Insert all stems into vase.
- Tie decorative ribbon around middle of vase.
|Close up of the "roses".|