When I started working at my current job, almost nine years ago, I worked with quite a few super moms. Two in particular co-coordinated a parent volunteer program part-time and coordinated homes and families full-time. I don't think either of them slept. Ever. If I happened to need professional advice or a good recipe idea I would walk into their office and leave minutes later with whatever I needed -- and sometimes a cleaning tip or two.
This dip was their suggestion for my "easy and delicious appetizer to bring to a summer BBQ" inquiry. It is still one of my (and my friends) favorites.
7-Layer Greek Dip
Serves: a crowd
- 8-ounce container cream cheese, softened
- 8-ounce container hummus, any kind
- 1 large cucumber -- peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large tomato -- seeded and chopped
- 4-ounce can sliced olives
- 8-ounce container crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions -- white and green parts thinly sliced
- Pita chips or crackers for serving
- Spread cream cheese out evenly in the bottom of a shallow dish. A glass pie plate works perfectly.
- Top cream cheese with an even layer of hummus.
- Top hummus with layers of cucumber, tomato, olives, feta and green onions.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with pita chips or crackers.
- Whipped cream cheese is a good option because it allows for easy spreading and dipping.
- The spicy hummus from Trader Joe's adds a nice kick to this dip.
- Bring a copy of the recipe with you wherever you bring this dish. People will want it.
YUM! Will be making this one soon. Thanks!ReplyDelete
As one of those friends, I concur.ReplyDelete