|Chicken Caesar Salad Bites on Parmesan Crisps|
These Chicken Caesar Salad Bites are an easy prep-ahead appetizer, and only require four ingredients. The most difficult part is neatly topping the parmesan crisps with the chicken/arugula/dressing mix.
Makes: 5 dozen
- 8 ounces shredded parmesan or an Italian cheese blend
- 16 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced fine
- 1 cup arugula, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup caesar dressing** (more or less to taste)
Make the cheese crisps:
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon rounded teaspoons of cheese onto the baking sheet, about an inch apart. I generally do 12 little cheese piles on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat this process to make all of the crisps.
- If you are not using them right away after cooling, place in a paper towel-lined, air-tight container.
Assembling the bites:
- When ready to serve, stir together the chicken and arugula.
- Stir in the dressing a bit at a time, until it is to your liking.
- Gently top each cheese crisp with a spoonful of salad and serve immediately.
*Framily = friends who are our family.
**We really like Ken's Light Caesar Dressing. It isn't creamy but has good flavor and works well in this particular recipe.