I'm going to crawl on out on a limb and assume that some of the people who read my blog live in places that are actually cold right now. I, on the other hand, do not happen to live in a place that is currently experiencing winter appropriate weather. It is supposed to get up to 70 this week. 70! In January! Needless to say, I won't be making any soup this week.
However, if it were cold outside, I would make this soup. It is super duper yummy and cozy but you can have your fill without feeling too stuffed. It is based on a Martha Stewart recipe but my version is less labor intensive, perfect for a weeknight, post-work dinner.
Ginger Chicken & Boy Chok Soup
Inspired by this recipe: Poached Chicken with Bok Choy in Ginger Broth
- 8 cups Miso Ginger Broth
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 10-ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 3 green onions
- Unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Bring the miso ginger broth to a boil in a large stock pot.
- While broth is coming to a boil, cut your chicken and bok choy into bite-size pieces and slice up your green onions.
- Once broth is boiling, add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the boy choy, mushrooms and green onions and simmer for an additional 10 minutes or so, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are nice and tender.
- Ladle soup into individual dishes and season each with rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sriracha, to taste!
- Our Trader Joe's carries Miso Ginger Broth but if you can't find any, you can make the broth in the original recipe (link above).
- This soup saves and reheats well. Perfect for dinner one night and then taking to work the next day for lunch.
- Feel free to experiment with ingredients! I am going to try grilled or roasted tofu (instead of chicken), extra veggies and some rice noodles next time.
Lovely recipe!! The soup seems really great. Want to try it for my party. My friend also suggested some recipes which she found at Nom Photo App. Really found awesome recipes there. Planning to use this food app too for my party. It will help me in my cooking.ReplyDelete