Recipe: Creamy Mushroom Pasta
|Creamy Mushroom Pasta|
Total Time: 40 minutes
|Wine, broth, and cream.|
- 1, 16-ounce package pasta, such as farfalle
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme and white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until liquid has reduced by half, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and simmer for 5 more minutes, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta and sauce.
- Divide pasta among bowls or plates and sprinkle with parsley (optional).
Sounds (and looks!) sublime~ Thx!ReplyDelete