This is one of those recipes that doesn't look all that good until the patties are cooked up. So...you'll just have to trust me that they are delicious. Even my honey, who was a bit apprehensive to try these, thought they were really good and I know he was telling the truth because he even went back for seconds.
We served ours with roasted brussels sprouts and this amazing mushroom recipe that my friend Erin posted on her blog. You can find that recipe here.
I have to apologize for not getting any good photos of this recipe. See photos for reference:
|Quinoa Cake over Sauteed Mushrooms and Roasted Brussels Sprouts|
|Quinoa cake batter.|
Makes: ~10 Quinoa Cakes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- Combine all ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup portions of quinoa cake batter into the skillet and cook until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes per side. Drain quinoa cakes on paper towels and repeat until all the quinoa cakes are cooked.
- Serve with lemon-herb sour cream, lemon-dill sauce or tzatziki.