|Fajitas with shredded cheese and avocado.|
These fajitas are easy and delicious, with only a few ingredients. I found the recipe on CrockPot 365: A Year of Slow Cooking. The key is to cook the meat low and slow so it ends up really tender. If you would rather the veggies not be super tender, I recommend waiting to add them in until there is an hour or so left.
|Place beef in bottom of slow cooker.|
|Cover beef with veggies.|
|Top veggies with seasoning and water.|
Serves: 6 - 8
- 1.5 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into cubes or strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 packets taco or fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Optional toppings:
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Place beef in an even layer at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with onion and bell peppers.
- Sprinkle seasoning and water over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve with warm tortillas and optional toppings.