|Chicken in Thyme Marsala Cream Sauce|
Thanks to Very Culinary for posting this recipe and singing its praises. It is worthy. Trust.
This would work over rice or pasta but I think rice is better for soaking up the sauce. Oh, this sauce! I wanted to drink it. Yum.
Chicken in Thyme Marsala Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 8 - 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add chicken and cook over high heat, turning once or twice, until browned, about 4 - 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for another couple minutes.
- Add the Marsala wine and simmer until the liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, cream, thyme, salt and pepper and bring just to a boil. Cook until the sauce has reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer over moderate heat until the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and simmer for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.
Post a Comment