Don't even get me started on the cucumber.
I will leave it to say that we are having to get a bit creative. For the Labor Day BBQ we will be attending on Monday, I will be making spicy crab stuffed cucumber cups.
When I am at a loss for what to make food wise, my mind goes to the next best thing -- cocktails. This is the cocktail we are currently enjoying while watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. (Yes, we are working our way through the films for the umpteenth time.) It is cool and refreshing. (The movie and the cocktail.)
Happy Labor Day weekend! Cheers!
- Elderflower Liqueur
- Soda water
- Put two slices of cucumber in the bottom of each cocktail glass.
- Add a generous amount of ice to each glass.
- Add 1.5 ounces gin and .5 ounce elderflower liqueur.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over each drink and drop it in.
- Top off with soda water and give each drink a little stir.
This totally reminds me of the water they serve at the Claremont spa. My mama treats me once a year to a birthday girls day. It's coming up in a few weeks and I can't wait! Anyways, we recreated it when we got home. Basically, get a big pitcher of ice water and add about 7 or 8 slices of cucumber. Let sit a few hours, drink. YUM.ReplyDelete