Through my new job transition period, I am already planning on putting some tried and true recipes in our dinner rotation, along with some easy prep recipes, like this slow cooker chicken chili recipe that I made for the first time last week. Coming home, after a long work day, to a house that smells like chili is one of the best things ever. Oh, and the chili was delicious. Yum.
This recipe is adapted from a version posted on the blog, Skinny Taste. Yes, it is easy, delicious AND healthy! So I totally justified putting light cheese and sour cream on top...
|Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Ingredients.|
|Ready to cook.|
|Chili with cheese.|
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Optional toppings: cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, Tabasco
- Combine onion, black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Lay the chicken on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- 20 - 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and stir.
- Spoon chili into bowls and add toppings of your choice.
I made this recipe this weekend and it is hands down the best chili I have ever made or eaten. It is definitely a new favorite, thank you so much for posting!!ReplyDelete
Kay Everyday -- I'm so glad that you enjoyed this chicken chili! We are having it again for dinner on Friday. It is one of my new favorites for the dinner rotation, especially with cooler weather (finally) around the corner.ReplyDelete