Through my new job transition period, I am already planning on putting some tried and true recipes in our dinner rotation, along with some easy prep recipes, like this slow cooker chicken chili recipe that I made for the first time last week. Coming home, after a long work day, to a house that smells like chili is one of the best things ever. Oh, and the chili was delicious. Yum.
This recipe is adapted from a version posted on the blog, Skinny Taste. Yes, it is easy, delicious AND healthy! So I totally justified putting light cheese and sour cream on top...
|Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Ingredients.|
|Ready to cook.|
|Chili with cheese.|
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Optional toppings: cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, Tabasco
- Combine onion, black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Lay the chicken on top.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- 20 - 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to slow cooker and stir.
- Spoon chili into bowls and add toppings of your choice.