I found this recipe at the blog, Oh She Glows. I made a few slight changes, including the addition of pine nuts. Below is my version of the recipe and here is a link to the original recipe.
This pasta is easy, creamy, tart, garlicky, avocado-y, delicious, filling, and vegan!
|Starting the pasta.|
|Yes, I cut into one of the avocados before taking a photo. I was excited.|
|Olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.|
|Combining the pasta and sauce.|
- 1 lb of pasta, such as spaghetti
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 lemon, zest and juice reserved
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the pasta and cook to al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Line a small baking sheet with foil. Add the pine nuts. Broil in a toaster or regular oven until just starting to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic to a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the avocado and process until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once pasta is done, strain and put in a large bowl. Add sauce and toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta among plates or bowls and garnish with lemon zest and pine nuts.
Be sure to watch the pine nuts closely while they broil. Nuts go from perfectly browned to burnt in a split second.
According to Angela at Oh She Glows notes that this recipe does not reheat well. I was going to test it out but we ate it all for dinner that night. Whoops.