|Double batch of Tzatziki.
This cucumber dip is fabulous with pita chips, veggies or on top of falafel.
|Draining the cucumber.
|Mixing in the yogurt.
Tzatziki (Cucumber Dip)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 6-ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- Drain the shredded cucumber and pat dry with paper towels. Put cucumber in a medium sized bowl.
- Add yogurt and minced garlic and stir to combine.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, salt to taste.
Greek yogurt is pretty popular right now and can be found in the dairy section of most grocery stores. I use nonfat.
Optional additions: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill; a squeeze of fresh lemon; a drizzle of olive oil. You can add one, two or all three of these things. Or none. Either way the dip is good.
I highly recommend draining the cucumber over a measure cup and saving the cucumber juice. Mix one part cucumber juice with two parts good vodka and a squeeze of lime for a refreshing summer cocktail.