This recipe is very easy, just like the Thai Chicken Pizza.
For this particular recipe, I used a whole wheat pizza crust, a cheese blend (mozzarella, cheddar and jack) and leftovers from a roast chicken I made earlier in the week. It was actually the first time I ever roasted a chicken and I am proud to say that it turned out really well. But that's a blog post for another day...
|I only needed about 1/3 of this onion. It was big.|
|Before going in the oven.|
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 8 ounces shredded cheese
- Handful of cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven and prepare dough according to package instructions.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and chicken. Set aside.
- Spread remaining BBQ sauce evenly over pizza dough.
- Top pizza with cheese, chicken and red onion.
- Cook pizza until crust is browned and cheese is nice and bubbly, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with cilantro. Slice and serve.