I have heard people say, "oh, mashed cauliflower totally tastes like mashed potatoes. You will totally fool people and trick them into eating something healthier." Let's be serious. No one is going to be fooled. They taste like cauliflower. They are still very tasty but they are totally not potatoes. Seriously.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- Steam or boil cauliflower and garlic cloves until cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork. Approximately 10 - 12 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and garlic and put in a large bowl. Add buttermilk and butter. Use a hand blender to combine ingredients until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Low fat sour cream can be used in place of the buttermilk.