Assignment: Complete the Style Cure Interview
Style Cure Interview
1. List your favorites in each category:
- Actor: Morgan Freeman. Tim Curry.
- Actress: Maggie Smith. Meryl Streep... "She could play Batman and be the right choice." - Cameron, Modern Family.
- Artist: Rothko, Monet...and my honey.
- Writer: J.K. Rowling, Alice Sebold, Jenny Lawson...just to name a few.
- Music: Singer/Songwriter. Ragtime. Lady Gaga. (My honey says my iTunes has one of the broadest ranges of styles he's ever seen. I would never argue with that.)
- Restaurant: I prefer to cook and eat at home. Or go out for sushi. Or to a brew pub. Or to Cracker Barrel whenever we travel to a place that has one.
- Automobile: Ours?
- Movie or Television Show: For TV it is currently Boardwalk Empire. For movie, it is Harry Potter. All of them.
- Clothing (pieces, designers or stores): Does jewelry count? If so, the jewelry my honey bought me -- engagement ring, antique garnet ring and gold triangles necklace.
- Furniture (pieces, designers or stores): Grey couch from Ikea. Yellow flowered (hellooooo, 1970s) chairs from my parents. Crate & Barrel wine cabinet thingy.
2. Choose three words to describe your personal style: Casual. Classy. Clean.
3. Think back over all the homes you've lived in, both as a child and an adult. Which rooms would you choose as your favorites and how would you describe them?
- Favorite room from a childhood home and description: My bedroom. This was my favorite because it was truly my space. I decorated with things I liked and cared about and rearranged the furniture whenever I needed a change of pace.
- Favorite room from an adult home and description: Our current family room. This is where I spend some of my favorite time relaxing with my loves -- my honey and our orange cat named Stella.
4. Whom do you consider a role model? What three adjectives describe the qualities you admire in this person? My parents -- inclusive, generous, hard working.
5. Every home has areas that are "just right." Which three spots or things in your home do you feel are beautiful and feel proud of, right now, as is: Kitchen. Dining/Living Room -- Ikea shelves with cookbooks & favorite lamp & friend's art. Divider shelf thing between kitchen and living room.
6. A month from now, at the end of the Style Cure, how would you like your friends to describe your home? Comfortable. Interesting. Fun.
Step two, analyze your responses...
- Questions 1 and 2 help form a picture of your style...
- Questions 3 and 5 are different ways of connecting with what you find pleasing, comfortable and beautiful...
- Questions 4 and 6 can help form a direction and your goals...
For more information and/or sign up for the Style Cure click here.