My friend Jamie recently shared with me another brussels sprouts recipe and I immediately bookmarked it in my brain for the near future. Tonight I cooked them up as a side dish with sun dried tomato and chicken sausages and green onion smashed tomatoes. I wanted to share the deliciousness. Enjoy!
|brussels sprouts + sun dried tomatoes + pancetta + bleu cheese = goodness|
Jamie's Brussels Sprouts with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Pancetta and Bleu Cheese
|I found all the ingredients for this dish at Trader Joe's.|
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 4 ounces julienne sliced sun dried tomatoes
- 4 ounces chopped pancetta or bacon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place brussels sprouts on a jelly roll pan (baking sheet with sides) and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Bake brussels sprouts in oven for 10 - 15 minutes until they just start to brown.
- Remove pan from oven, reduce temperature to 350º F.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes to the pan and stir to combine with brussels sprouts.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 20 - 25 minutes, until the brussels sprouts are softened and browned.
- While the brussels sprouts and sun dried tomatoes are baking, cook up the pancetta or bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When slightly crispy -- remove from pan, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Remove brussels sprouts and sun dried tomatoes from oven and pour into a serving dish. Stir in pancetta and bleu cheese.
|Brussels sprouts with olive oil.|
|Cooking the pancetta.|
Jamie shared that this is good with or without the pancetta/bacon so if you want a vegetarian dish, simply leave out that ingredient. Easy peasy.
I like bleu cheese and two tablespoons was plenty for my taste buds. However, if your love bleu cheese, go ahead and add a bit more. Easy cheesy.