|Pear and Brie Puffs.|
|If you don't have two mini-muffin pans, you can make these in two batches.|
|Sliced up puff pastry.|
|Puff pastry pressed into mini-muffin pans.|
|Caramelized onion and pear mixture.|
|Filling the puff pastry cups.|
Serves: 16 (3 each)
- 2 pears, diced
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 1 box frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 8-ounces brie
- 1/4 cup butter
- Caramelize the onions: melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until deeply browned, 30 - 40 minutes. Stir often to prevent burning.
- While onions are caramelizing, prepare the puff pastry cups.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Coat two mini-muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Unfold a puff pastry sheet and cut into 24 even pieces. Stretch each piece out a bit and press into the mini-muffin pan to form a cup. Make sure that the bottom and sides are covered.
- Repeat with the remaining puff pastry.
- Mix together the caramelized onions and diced pear in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the puff pastry cups.
- Top each cup with a small slice of brie. Make sure the cheese does not hang over the sides of the puff pastry.
- Cook in the 400º F oven for 15 minutes or until puff pastry begins to brown.
- Remove pans from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the cups to cooling racks until ready to plate.
We have made this on puff pastry triangles but I find the cups are easier to make and eat.
These are also good with bleu cheese.