Looking for an easy upgrade for your standard guacamole recipe? Stir in diced mango and pomegranate seeds! My friend Jackie made a double batch of this for yesterday's 4th of July BBQ and it is easily one of my new favorite guacamolicious appetizers.
|Start with a basic guacamole...|
|...stir in diced mango and pomegranate seeds...|
|...and then stuff it in your face.|
Mango Pomegranate Guacamole
Original recipe from Epicurious.com
- 4 avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped, including seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, approximately 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Chips for serving
- Mash avocados in a large bowl.
- Stir in onion, chiles, 1/4 cup lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Fold in the mango, pomegranate seeds and cilantro.
You can make this a day ahead. Prepare through step 2 and then seal tightly with plastic wrap, pressing down to the top of the mashed avocado. When ready to serve, uncover and fold in the mango, pomegranate seeds and cilantro. Season with lime juice and salt.
my favorite guac recipe is also from epicurious.com - and has pear, pomegranate and red grapes in it. so amazing!ReplyDelete
Ohhhh, that sounds good too! I can't believe it has taken me this long to learn of the wonder that is fruit in guacamole.ReplyDelete