|Lemon Goat Cheese Pasta|
This is a light, lemony, great-for-summer pasta dish. It is also easily customizable. Feel free to use your favorite pasta and veggies...or whatever you have on hand.
|Veggies ready for roasting.|
- 1 package pasta, such as fusilli
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 - 5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 8-ounce package sliced mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta: Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Veggies: Place garlic and vegetables in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil on high for 15 - 20 minutes, until veggies have softened and are starting to brown. Check and stir the veggies around every few minutes. Once done, remove from oven and set aside.
- Sauce: In a large bowl, combine the lemon zest, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil and crumbled goat cheese.
- When pasta and veggies are ready, add to the large bowl and stir to combine with the sauce. The heat from the pasta and veggies will melt the goat cheese and create the creamy sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.