Party Poofs, aka tissue paper pom poms, instantly transform a room into a festive space for the party of your choice -- birthday, bridal shower, graduation, whatever your party de jour happens to be.
I made five of these fun decorations for my friend's baby shower tomorrow. The first one took a while but once I got the hang of it, I busted out the other four in just a few minutes each.
|Materials: tissue paper and floral wire.|
|Fold eight sheets of tissue paper in 1.5-inch accordion folds.|
|Fold the floral wire around the middle of the tissue paper and twist tightly.|
|Trim the ends -- either rounded (as shown here) or pointed.|
|Carefully separate the layers.|
|Continue to carefully separate all of the layers.|
|Fold and twist the floral wire to make a loop for hanging.|
|Finished polka dot party poof!|
|Trimmed ends. Pointy on left, rounded on right.|
- Tissue paper: 8, 20x30 (or size preferred) sheets per poof
- Floral wire
- Fishing line, for hanging
- Stack 8 sheets of tissue paper together.
- Starting at one of the shorter ends, make 1.5-inch accordion style folds across the entire length.
- Fold a 12-inch piece of floral wire around the middle of the folded tissue paper and twist to tighten.
- Trim the ends of the tissue paper, either rounded or pointed.
- Carefully separate each later, lifting away from the center.
- Once all the layers are opened, fold and twist the excess floral wire to create a loop.
- Tie a piece of fishing line to the wire loop for hanging.
- Repeat with remaining tissue paper.
One of the women I work with has a couple of these in the corner of her office, hanging from the ceiling~ They look *so cool*! Thanks for sharing this easy craft :-)ReplyDelete
They looked so fantastic!!! Thank you again for everything! My mom took about a gazillion pictures of your house and the fancy pom poms. :) xoxoReplyDelete